Mystery Shopping: Independent Contract Agreement
All Mystery Shoppers are INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS for Customer Perceptions. This contract is made between Customer Perceptions, Blackthorn Business Park, Coe’s Road, Dundalk, Co. Louth, Ireland, herein referred to as “Company” and you, an Independent Contractor Mystery Shopper, hereinafter referred to as “Shopper”.
The Shopper may only use the site in accordance with this Contract for Services. By accessing and using the site, the shopper accepts, without limitation or qualification, this Contract for Services. If the Shopper does not agree to these terms and conditions, they should not use the site.
Nature of the work:
Shopper will secretively shop clients’ establishment and accurately and honestly document his/ her factual experiences and report them to Company within 24 hours of the shop. If the shopper does not complete the assessment as specified, their secret idenfication is compromised, their report is not accurate or not submitted to Company within 24 hours, then the report will be considered invalid and Shopper will not be compensated for that specific assessment.
Terms and Conditions:
- The Shopper will provide services to Customer Perceptions by mutual agreement. Details of the project/assignment will be offered to the Shopper. Payment for the project/assignment will be agreed prior to the start. The Shopper is completely at liberty to either accept or reject any project/assignment.
- The Shopper agrees to fully comply with the Brief/ Guidelines and other instructions relating to an assignment and further agrees that in the event of a failure to do so to the extent that Customer Perceptions Ltd is unable to submit the completed assessment to their Client, no fees or expenses will be paid. If any instruction is unclear the onus is on the Mystery Shopper to contact Customer Perceptions for clarification.
- If Shopper is conducting more than one shop for the same client, each shop report must be filled out on its own accord with a matching receipt and other required materials. Duplicate shop reports, receipts, or other material will not be accepted.
- The Shopper is responsible for his/her own Tax and National Insurance liability in respect of any payment received for services provided under this agreement.
- The Shopper undertakes to complete the Payment section of their profile before completing any assignments, and accepts that if this has not been done within 7 days of completing the assignment, they may not be paid or reimbursed for the assignment.
- Payment will be made to the shopper via bank account and bank details must be entered online by the shopper on their Shopper Profile
- Where required, the Shopper will provide details of any reimbursable expenditure (on the assessment form or expense claim form as specified) together with any receipts within 24 hours of submitting the completed assessment.
- As a self-employed individual the Mystery Shopper is completely at liberty to provide his/her services to any other business/organisation.
- Customer Perceptions is not under any obligation to provide projects/assignments.
- The Shopper agrees fully to comply with the MSPA Shopper Code of Professional Standards (www.mspa-eu.org)
- The Shopper acknowledges liability for any damages including loss of business which may arise from deliberate falsification of reports and confirms that they are aware that Customer Perceptions can and may prosecute for fraud.
- The Shopper agrees that they will not accept any assignment where (as far as they are aware) they know personally anyone who works for the target organisation and there is no reason why any of the target organisation’s employees should know that they are a Mystery Shopper. If during the course of the assignment the Shopper comes across someone they know who is working for the target organisation but they cannot know they are a mystery shopper they will call their Customer Perceptions contact for advice. If unable to make contact they will continue the assignment (unless the Brief specifically says otherwise) but will do their best to avoid assessing that person and will inform their Customer Perceptions contact by email of the exact details.
- The Shopper confirms they have no personal interest (such as a shareholding) in the target organisation.
- The Shopper agrees that any assignment undertaken is completely confidential between them and Customer Perceptions and they will not discuss details of the project with anyone except Customer Perceptions staff. They may not discuss the details of what they have to do or experience they have had with anyone other than Customer Perceptions staff.
- The Shopper undertakes to keep in a secure place any notes or copies of reports for SIXTY day from the day an assignment was carried out.
- The Shopper confirms they understand that information about employees of organisations is highly confidential and is governed by the Data Protection Act and they will destroy any notes or copies of reports by shredding, burning or tearing or some other means of ensuring they are unreadable once NINETY days has elapsed from the date of the assignment.
- The Shopper agrees that they may only register under his/her name once on the Customer Perceptions site, and that they must not register under a third party identity or have multiple accounts at any time. Any shopper suspected of fraudulent activity will have their account suspended until further notice.
- The Shopper must not disclose their user name or password to any third party, nor allow any third party to undertake work under their account.
- The Shopper is aware that, on occasion, whilst conducting a Mystery Shop they may be required to provide personal details (name, email address, phone number) to the Client. Eg. If you are conducting a Mystery Shop to a bank or car garage and they must take personal details to carry out a follow up call.
- The Shopper must read and adhere to the Mystery Shopper Training Manual, which will be provided by Customer Perception upon initial sign up.
- Customer Perceptions may use email addresses or other personally identifiable information to contact users, for example, Customer Perceptions will contact users to notify them of assignment availability or to provide an email newsletter.
- Customer Perceptions will not be responsible for any automobile accident, on-site Project-related accidents or injuries, workers’ compensation of any sort and/or insurance coverage, or any damages whatsoever relating to or arising out of a Shopper’s performance of services in connection with this Agreement. The Shopper agrees to assume sole responsibility for such matters and agrees to indemnify and save the Company harmless from any liabilities, claims or demands (including the costs, expenses, and attorneys’ fees on account thereof) that may result from or arise out of a Shoppers performance of services hereunder
- Customer Perceptions reserves the right to modify, alter or otherwise update this policy at any time.